Global Lean Sigma provides this comprehensive classroom course to train healthcare participants to gain a better understanding of the underlying philosophy of lean, including how the lean tools and philosophy work together in conjunction with Six Sigma methodologies to create a lean healthcare organization. The course is designed specifically for healthcare settings, incorporating relevant examples and patient care quality improvement. Participants will learn a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Lean and Six Sigma, and how to define the key tools used. You will learn the powerful Lean Six Sigma approach that will result in measurable improvements in patient outcomes including but not limited to the following: improved quality with less harm due to preventable errors, increased access to services, shorter waiting times, and better service.
Upon completion of this course, you will be presented with a practical step-by-step approach detailing how to begin a Lean Six Sigma improvement project immediately upon returning to your healthcare organization. Global Lean Sigma's highly experienced Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt will be available to provide coaching to participants during their training projects. Typical benefits of a first Green Belt project range from $150,000 to $750,000+ savings in addition to improved patient care quality and safety. Upon project completion and review by a Global Lean Sigma Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt for successful implementation, Global Lean Sigma will present a Lean Healthcare Green Belt certification for successful achievement, and this certified Green Belt can start additional improvement projects, and coach other Lean Healthcare practitioners with confidence for continuous improvement.
What Participant Will Learn
- How does a Lean methodology with roots in the Toyota Production System possibly apply to healthcare?
- Why should healthcare organizations pursue Lean Six Sigma? What are examples and results from the world’s leading lean hospitals?
- How the typical wastes of Lean reduce an organization's competitiveness and patient care satisfaction?
- How to apply key tools and practices of DMAIC (Define - Measure - Analyze - Improve - Control), data collection, statistical and root cause analysis
- How to apply Global Lean Sigma's proprietary lean LEAP methodology (Learn - Evaluate - Adapt - Control) to identify hidden wastes, implement improvement and complete the lean initiatives quickly and effectively
- How to lead Kaizen rapid improvement events and construct value stream maps to guide focused improvements
- Soft skills on Change management techniques, communication skills, project management and people leadership
Who Should Attend
- Physicians, nurses, quality managers/directors, administrator staffs, patient safety leaders, office personnel, lab personnel, IT staffs
- Typical participants have come from organizations that include hospitals, insurance companies and medical suppliers
Upon completion of training, Global Lean Sigma's Lean Masters will be available at healthcare facilities to coach the candidates while they complete their training projects. This will ensure the organization will benefit from the successful delivery of lean improvement initiatives and operational excellence.
- Microsoft Windows 2010 or later with all current Service Releases
Microsoft Office 2010 or later with all current Service Releases
- Public course: See training schedule
- Company site: Call for quote and volume discount
Available Public Courses & Registration