Global Lean Sigma provides this advanced course to healthcare participants as an opportunity to examine complex processes and learn methods of improving them through the application of Lean Six Sigma in the healthcare environment. This course will focus on how Lean Six Sigma can be applied across the healthcare continuum to identify process variation that leads to defect errors, quality issues, excessive wait time for patients, and associated costs. It will also focus on the effectiveness in using data to drive and enhance quality patient outcomes.
Global Lean Sigma designed this course specifically for healthcare settings, incorporating specific examples of patient care quality improvement. Participants will learn a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Lean and Six Sigma, and how to define the key tools used. The program demonstrates a thorough understanding of how these practical tools can be applied in your own healthcare work environment through hands-on group exercises, tutorials and interactive simulations.
Training is delivered in 2 phases (five days in Week 1 & four days in Week 2), with 4 to 5 weeks between the phases to allow the participants to apply the learning to their training projects (on-the-job training). Global Lean Sigma's highly experienced Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts will be available to provide coaching to candidates during their training projects. Typical benefits of the first training Black Belt project range from $250,000 to $1 million+ savings in addition to improved patient care and safety.
What Participants Will Learn
- Why should healthcare organizations pursue Lean Six Sigma? What are examples and results from the world’s leading lean hospitals?
- How to apply Lean Six Sigma tools and methods to transactional and operational processes in a healthcare environment?
- How to apply key tools and practices of DMAIC (Define - Measure - Analyze - Improve - Control), data collection, statistical and root cause analysis
- How to apply Global Lean Sigma's proprietary lean LEAP methodology (Learn - Evaluate - Adapt - Control) to identify hidden wastes, implement improvement and complete the lean initiatives quickly and effectively
- How to lead Kaizen rapid improvement events and construct value stream maps to guide focused improvements
- How to identify and eliminate variations in healthcare processes to reduce associated healthcare costs
- Soft skills on Change management techniques, communication skills, relationship management, project management and people leadership
Who Should Attend
- Physicians, nurses, quality managers/directors, administrator staffs, patient safety leaders, office personnel, lab personnel, IT staffs
- Typical participants have come from organizations that include hospitals, insurance companies and medical suppliers
- Optional Lean Six Sigma Black Belt examination may be given at the close of training
- Upon completion of training, Global Lean Sigma's Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts will be available at healthcare facilities to coach the candidates while they complete their training projects
- When a training project is completed, implemented successfully and reviewed by a Global Lean Sigma Master Black Belt for proven business results, the candidate will be certified as Lean Healthcare Black Belt by Global Lean Sigma
- Microsoft Windows 2010 or later with all current Service Releases
- Public course: See training schedule
- Company site: Call for quote and volume discount
Available Public Courses & Registration